Minimally Invasive Obesity Surgery in India at a Low Cost
Overview of obesity
What are the main causes of obesity?
- Following are the main causes of obesity:
- Lack of activity
- Habits of unhealthy eating
- Problems of hormonal imbalance
- Genetic reasons
- Poor lifestyle
What is obesity surgery?
Following are some popular procedures of obesity surgery:
- Gastric bypass surgery: This is a complex surgical procedure that consumes a time of four hours. Roux-en-bypass is the most popular form of gastric bypass surgery. This surgery is done with a long incision. The surgeon makes a small pouch at the top of the stomach by using a plastic band or staples. The smaller part of the stomach is connected to the section of the small intestine that is known as the jejunum. With this sort of rearrangement the food bypasses through the rest of the stomach. The patient feels full more quickly so a fewer calories are consumed by the human body.
- Gastric banding surgery: This surgery is also known as lap band surgery. In this procedure the weight loss surgeon wraps a band around the top section of a patient’s stomach by using a laparoscope. The gastric band is injected into the body with a saline that causes the patient to feel sooner and eat less. Gastric band surgery is a minimally invasive surgery. It is performed by the surgeon on an outpatient point. The gastric bands in this surgery can be tightened and loosened according to one’s facility.
- Gastric sleeve surgery: This surgery is a latest form of weight loss surgery. The laparoscopic surgery in this procedure is used to shed of weight from the body of those people who are extremely obese. In a gastric sleeve operation the surgeon removes more than half portion of the patient’s stomach. Thus the left over stomach is made in the shape of a sleeve or tube and is closed by using staples. When the patient loses enough weight then he can undergo the procedure of gastric bypass or weight loss surgery.