Perfect Relief from Prostate Cancer with HIFU Prostate Cancer Treatment in India
What is HIFU?
HIFU prostate cancer treatment is one of the most rapidly growing treatments all around the world. The term HIFU means high intensity focused ultrasound. The advantage of using HIFU prostate cancer surgery is that it is very precise and does not come with side effects like traditional surgery procedures. In this treatment method high intensity ultrasound waves are used for destruction of cancer cells.
How does HIFU cure prostate cancer?
HIFU heats and destroys cancer cells found in the prostate gland. The pulses of ultra sound waves travel through the wall of the back passage into the prostate gland and are focused to very small area. This type of ultrasound mechanism causes the prostate cells to heat up. This heat destroys normal prostate cells and cancer cells. The surgeon is able to focus the treatment on the prostate gland and avoids damaging other nearby organs.
Who is the perfect candidate for HIFU prostate cancer surgery?
Patients suitable to get HIFU prostate cancer surgery are those:
- Who have localized prostate cancer disease and can tolerate anesthesia.
- Who do not want to wait and delay their prostate cancer treatment.
- Who have researched and understood their treatment options for prostate cancer and have elected not to undergo surgery, radiation therapy and cryablation.
Success rate of HIFU prostate cancer surgery
Nearly 90% of patients undertake HIFU therapy and will not need any further treatment for their prostate cancer. These candidates prefer to take HIFU instead of chemotherapy, radiation therapy and hormonal therapy. The success rate of HIFU treatment is equal to that of radical prostatectomy. It has a major benefit of using non invasive technology.
How is the preparation for HIFU prostate cancer treatment done?
- On the day before the procedure the patient must take a bowel preparation at home. He may have light breakfast and continue with fluids for rest of the day. The patient should be allowed to drink water until 2 hours before the admission.
- The patient should be admitted to the hospital on the morning of the HIFU. He should be given enema on admission and essential blood tests, X-rays and ECG should be undertaken.
- Before sending the patient to the operation theatre the surgeon should take a general examination of the health of the patient.
What are the benefits of HIFU prostate cancer surgery?
Following are the primary advantages of HIFU prostate cancer treatment:
- Nearly 90% of patients get cured of prostate cancer by using HIFU method.
- In HIFU method no incision is made in the body so the chances of external infection are zero.
- HIFU treatment aims to protect the vital organs and tissues around the prostate gland.
- If the surgery fails due to some reason then options like radiation therapy and surgery can be undertaken.
What is the scope of HIFU treatment in India
Abroad patients can go for low cost HIFU prostate cancer treatment in India. There are many HIFU prostate cancer treatment advantages in India. Thanks to Indian medical tourism that has enabled foreign patients to locate the best doctors and surgeons in cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Nagpur. These cities have hi tech hospitals that are famous all over India and the entire world due to having advanced medical treatment facilities. Indian healthcare system is at par with those that are seen in countries like the USA, Canada, UK and South Africa. You can know more in this concern by sending your queries at email@example.com . You can also make a phone call to us at +91-9371136499 .