Types Of Brain Cancer and Treatment cost in India : Internationala Patient Guide
Types Of Brain Cancer
There are two types of brain cancer:
- Primary brain cancer: It includes tumor starting in the brain which arises from brain cells, nerves, membranes around the brain or glands.
- Secondary or metastatic brain cancer: It starts in other part of the body and moves to the brain. Brain tumors can either be benign with no cancer cells or malignant with cancer cells which grow quickly.
Brain Cancer Treatment in India
Surgery is the first option for treating brain cancer if you are healthy enough to tolerate it. The goals of surgery depend on large part of what type of tumor is suspected based on clinical findings, history, etc. The price of brain cancer treatment in India is quite less compared to that offered in the Western countries. The surgical procedures include:
- Biopsy: It is sampling of tissue from a surgery where the doctor examines biopsy to make a diagnosis.
- Craniotomy: It means cutting into the head as in all conventional brain surgeries and opening will be as close to the tumor as possible. This surgery may take several hours.
- Microsurgery: The operating microscopes are used during neurosurgery which greatly increases the precision with which it can be performed. It is an extremely delication operation which is done using methods like navigation, microscopy, CUSA, stereotaxis and laser.
- Shunts: Brain is very sensitive to pressure changes and increasing pressure will rapidly impair brain function and can prove potentially fatal. If this happens then shunt, a relatively simple procedure will be done. It is done in a similar manner as taking biopsy in which a small hole is made in the skull. The a tube is inserted into one of the fluid filled spaces inside the brain and the other end is passed under the skin from head to trunk where it drains fluid into the abdomen or heart.
- Embolization: The blood supply to tumors are identified by angiography in which it can be shut off by introducing a variety of plugs. They block artery from inside and causes the tumor to die from lack of blood flow.
- Mapping: If the surgeon need to know precisely what function is done by parts of brain near the surgical site, there are several ways for mapping. Some of these are used during the surgery which do not need opening the head.
Advance Treatment for Brain Cancer in India
The advance surgery for brain cancer in India is still under investigation and may not be approved or available this time since the research is still going on. The price of brain cancer treatment in India is very affordable. Always discuss the advance treatment for brain cancer in India with your doctor. The advance treatment for brain cancer in India is:
- Computer assisted volumetric stereotaxis: It is a method to gather, store, reformat imaging derived; 3D volumetric information defines an intracranial lesion with respect to surgical field. The surgeon can plan and stimulate the surgical procedure beforehand and reach deep seated or centrally located brain tumors to employ safest and least invasive route possible.
- Gamma knife surgery: No surgical incision is done to expose target with gamma knife since it is not really a knife at all. But radiosurgery and hence a non invasive procedure that use powerful doses of radiation for targeting and treating diseased brain tissue by leaving surrounding tissues intact. It offers a new hope for patients seeking advance treatment for brain cancer in India.
Price of Brain Cancer Treatment in India with Forerunners Healthcare Consultants
Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is a leading medical value provider in India offering best price of brain cancer treatment in India. Contact us to get the low price of brain cancer treatment in India which is 60 to 80% than the prevailing USA or UK costs.